The Worshipful Company of Security Professionals are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We gather and process data in accordance with the prevailing data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
2. Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide:
- by completing your membership application form
- by subscribing to our membership services;
- by requesting further information, services or content; and
- by completing surveys and questionnaires.
This includes your title, gender, full name, address and other communication contact information, job title, company affiliation and following your admission to the company, details of your involvement with the company.
- Details of your visits to our website. This includes, but is not limited to:
- details of the computer or other device that you are using;
- details of the web browser you are using;
- details of your language settings;
- traffic data;
- location data;
- weblogs; and
- other communication data.
- IP address data
Information provided by reputable third-party data sources such as other Worshipful Companies and the City of London Corporation.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including any information provided or required to resolve your enquiry or issue.
4. Storage of personal data
- unauthorised access;
- alteration; or
Our security systems include authenticated access to internal databases. We also encrypt and anonymise data wherever it is appropriate to do so. We regularly take back-ups of our data. We regularly review overall web security and audit procedures. In conforming with data protection laws, we endeavour to implement appropriate procedures to protect your personal data and to prevent any unauthorised access or misuse of it. Our servers, on which your personal data is kept, are located in the United Kingdom. Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted via the internet between us: any such transmission is at your own risk.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with relevant information, products and services of a type that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out the requirements of any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to use the interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
To notify you about changes to our service. We also pass your data to other Livery Companies with whom we co-operate from time to time so that they can provide you with relevant information about their goods and services and so that we can co-operate with them. Being a Livery Company, once you become a Freeman of the City of London we pass much of the data we collect about you to the Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London. We are committed to responsible email sending practices. We only send email to individuals whose data has been lawfully and fairly obtained. If at any time you do not wish to receive emails from us, or for us to pass your information to third parties please use the unsubscribe functionality contained in all of our communications. Alternatively, please contact us on [email protected].
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your relevant personal information to The Worshipful Company of Security Professionals’ Charity. This Privacy Notice also applies to that company and we reserve the right to freely pass the data between ourselves and that company. We may disclose your relevant personal information to the extent that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to:
- comply with any legal obligation;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists, our customers, or others.
7. Your rights
The data protection legislation gives you a number of rights. These rights include:
- Right to data erasure.
- Right to make a “subject access request”, which is a request for a copy of the data which we hold about you.
- Right of correction (or where appropriate erasure) of data which we hold about you where this is inaccurate.
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw your future consent to our processing your personal data.
- Right to contact and make enquiries of our data protection co-ordinator who can be contacted at: Email: [email protected]
- Right to complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
- Contract – to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you. If you are not able to provide this data, it is possible that we will be unable properly to perform our side of any contract with you.
- Legitimate Interest – In order to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you and others, we need to collect and process personal data about you.
- Consent – Also, we may rely on your express consent for us to use your personal data.
8. Data Retention
We, in conjunction with the Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London, normally hold and process much of your professional data indefinitely for historic and archival purposes. We delete other data such as web tracking data as soon as reasonably possible and in any event when we no longer need it. In any event we will stop the processing of your data where you ask us to do so by contacting us at [email protected]. The only circumstances in which we will not do so are where we have a legal obligation or a legitimate interest to continue processing your data. You should note that our legitimate interests includes maintaining, in conjunction with the Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London, much of your professional data indefinitely for historic and archival purposes. Our websites and email bulletins may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not set and are not responsible for those policies.