The Young Members’ Group (YMG) comprises members of the Company aged 21 to 40. Young Members benefit from substantially reduced fines, fees, and quarterage, as can be seen here. The Young Members’ Committee (YMC), a standing committee of the Company, has a specific remit and operates under Terms of Reference approved by the Court and listed in the Ordinances.
The focus of the YMG is to build an engaged, socially active group with strong regular attendance at Company events; a group where new Members, Apprentices, and Young Members can network for knowledge. We offer young professionals exposure to, and networking with, true experts within the security industry and wider. We want Young Members to feel they have a place where questions can be asked and information shared in a relaxed non-formal environment. Additionally, we encourage Young Members to engage in activities that promote the Company’s values, with a focus on supporting the charitable and educational endeavours of the Company.
We will also look inwards to support our Young Members in a variety of ways, by making attendance to Company events more affordable and progression within the Company more attainable. We maintain a strong relationship with the Apprentices of the Company to encourage their continued and active involvement with the YMG and the wider Company once they have completed their apprenticeship.
Are you interested in becoming a Young Member?
If you are interested in becoming a young member of the Worshipful Company of Security Professionals, please contact the Clerk or fill out the contact form and the Clerk will be in touch to assist with your application.
Phone: +44 (0) 1256 395 036
Membership of the Young Members’ Group (YMG) has many benefits, some of which are listed below:
- Regular social and educational events of interest.
- Active social media channels in which to engage with our membership, alongside regular communications to inform members of our upcoming events, activities, and charitable initiatives.
- The YMG enables technological innovation, allowing the Company to provide better services, events, and value for Company members.
- Opportunities for involvement with the Young Members’ Committee, and to contribute to our role within the Livery. This allows Young Members and Apprentices to become involved in the governance structures of the Company, facilitating learning and development, as well as ample networking opportunities.
- Assisting Young Members (U41) with subsided ticketing to wider Company events.
- Creating opportunities for Young Members to submit material for publication in the Newsroom & Newsletter.