- The Company is governed by its Royal Charter which was granted on 15 February 2010. The Objects and Powers in the Royal Charter (Articles 2 & 3) are listed in Appendix A of this strategy.
- The current Company strategy was introduced in 2011, so it is right that it be reviewed to ensure we have a strategy that is fit for purpose as our Company enters its third decade.
- The revised strategy lists a number of Pillars, which are based on the Objectives set out in our Royal Charter. Each Pillar outlines the Key Priorities which then shows how we can grow our Company in line with these Objectives.
- ‘To be an inclusive organisation for security professionals; to raise standards of excellence through education and fellowship; to further our charitable endeavours and to support the Lord Mayor and the City of London Livery’
- The Pillars upon which the strategy is built are:
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion
The below table shows each of these with the Key Priorities against each Pillar.
|Events – internal and external||Welfare|
|Merchandising||Service Affiliates and Church support||Awards and Recognition|
|Charity||Charitable Trust||Donations and Legacy||Fundraising events|
|Lord Imbert Memorial Lecture||Security industry organisations||Schools and University support|
|Diversity, Equality & Inclusion||Communication||Leadership|
|Commitment and Values||Education|
|Master’s Communications||Internal Communications||Website|
|Social Media||Admin, office, meeting accommodation|
- The Key Priorities show what we currently have in place or within our reach to help our work towards each of the Pillars and the Objectives.
- Following Court approval, the revised strategy needs to be implemented. This work should begin immediately and be led by this Working Group.
- The Senior Warden will take responsibility for ensuring that this strategy forms part of their plan for when they become Master.
- This strategy should be reviewed every five years. The Working Group assigned to this should be led by the Immediate Past Master and other members listed in Appendix B.